Popular Posts

Monday, May 28, 2012

Party Like a Rock Star with Pulled Pork Nachos

About a month ago, I challenged myself to come up with a menu for my boyfriends birthday based on Creeper's heavy metal album, "Welcome to Room Number 9".

The good news is that I finally purchased a new camera. The bad news is that the food was such a hit, it went fast, so I wasn't able to get photos prior to serving...lol.

:)

Menu

Timmy - BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos * The Magic - Deep Dish Antipasto Pizza
Push It - Mini Cheese Cakes


Pulled Pork Nachos

Ingredients:
1 bottle Merlot
1 Pork Tenderloin
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Mexican style cheddar and jack cheese
2 oz Chipotle Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Sour Cream
2 tsp Sweet Relish
1 can Green Chilies

The night before.
Sear tenderloin in fly pan along sides to brown. Placed seared tenderloin in a crock pot and fully cover with a bottle of Merlot wine. Place on warm and let set until ready to serve.

The next day.
Just prior to serving, remove tenderloin from crock pot and using two forks "pull" pork meat so it has a shredded texture. Place in sauce pan on low heat with BBQ sauce. Set aside.

Preheat over to 500 degrees. Layer a deep dish aluminum pan with a single layer of tortilla chips. Cover with shredded cheese. Top with another layer of chips, and repeat at least 3 layers. Set some of cheese aside to cover once pork is added. Place chips and cheese in oven for a few minutes, only long enough to melt cheese. Remove from oven and cover chips and cheese with pulled pork tenderloin and place back in oven until the cheese has melted. Add chipotle mayonnaise and sour cream to a zip lock bag. Snip end with scissors and draw mixture in a thin line on top. Top with green chilies and sweet relish.



Having a fabulous Sous Chef always helps. Thanks Sparkie.


Deep Dish Antipasto Pizza

This is a recipe


Mini Cheese Cakes

Ingredients:
3 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
5 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
Topping
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix until smooth. Line a cupcake pan with metal cup cake tins. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Do not brown. Once complete, mixed 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup sour cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Dab 1 tbsp of sour cream mixture on each cake and bake an additional 5 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve (or freeze).

This was my mother's recipes, and pulling out her personal, cookie bake, recipes lead me to my quest to make each of her cookie recipes (133) over the course of this year. I vowed to myself I wasn't going to change the integrity of her recipes, but I did decide to add 1 tsp of cherry pie filling just prior to serving as a variation. Typically my mom would use fresh strawberries.

I am so thankful I had not one but two Sous Chef's. My friend Shannon came over the night before the party and we made the cheese cakes and toffee (which I decided not to serve) and my friend Tal assisted with the pizza and nachos at the party.


Link to digital download:
http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-To-Room-9-Explicit/dp/B007FH3F94

Metal music was relatively new to me...but I was a big 80's hair band fan and I must confess...I love love love Creeper, the album and the amazing friends I have because of metal.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment