Popular Posts

Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Favorite Restaurant in the World is in Atlanta, Georgia and it's called...

Confession...

In 2007, just as I was "thinking" about starting my weight loss journey, I traveled to Atlanta, Georgia on business. When I arrived, I was informed that I was going to be a dinner guest at a restaurant named "10 Degrees South."

I nodded...and didn't think that much of the name. Not that I didn't like the name, I didn't think about what type of food it would be and then my host volunteered. "You'll love it, it's South African Food."

I think at that moment you could have heard a pin drop.

I was...am...one of the most finicky eaters in the world. I'm getting a little better in my old age, I mean I'll no longer cry if someone accidentally puts mayo on my burger, but I still want nothing on a deli sandwich except mustard...and meat...and cheese. Mustard first though, that's the most important ingredient. Same with hot dogs. No mustard, I'm not eating it.

(And I love hot dogs.)

My boyfriend is on a Harley two week road trip that will take him from Dallas to Laconia, New Hampshire and back in 14 days (respectively). Tonight I got a phone call from Georgia and I immediately remembered that eating at 10 Degrees South, was literally the most magical food experience I've ever had in my entire life.

I remember they'd pair beef with cherry sauce, and lamb with apricot...I love love love meat, so I fell in love with the restaurant. Sadly, I've only been there once, but...I found out they sell one of their sauces, so I intend to buy it, and I'll try to replicate one of their dishes...(wish me luck).

I haven't forgotten about the cookie challenge. More recipes and the photos of the Peanut Butter Bon Bons are coming.

Really, I promise.

:)

Ref: http://www.10degreessouth.com/index.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment