Popular Posts

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Bon Bons - Cookie Recipe #1

First thing tomorrow morning, Alyson and I will begin production of cookie recipe #1, Peanut Butter Bon Bons.

Warning - since these recipes are from my Mother's collection, I'm not making any changes, even when mincemeat is required (bleck).

Peanut Butter Bon Bons

Ingredients:
1 can ready to spread vanilla frosting
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
2 cups graham cookie crumbs
1 can any flavor ready to spread frosting

Combine vanilla frosting, peanut butter and margarine until well blended, stir in crumbs until mixed, form into balls and chill one hour.

Melt remaining frosting over low heat stirring occasionally. Dip balls into frosting, allow excess to drip on racks over waxed paper, let stand about six hours at room temperature.

Makes 48 to 52.

--------

Pretty obvious why Aly and I decided this recipe MUST be done first. Easy, yet scary. Kind of like a traffic accident, "can vanilla frosting", "any flavor can frosting"...this is a I can't look away from recipe. I've never seen anything like this. Got to love the 1970's.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment